Saturday, August 18, 2007

Roasted Pear Salad

I made this about a month or so ago, but never got around to posting it. We ate this as our side with dinner. Use you need 1/2 pear per person.

1 pear, halved and peeled
1/2 lemon
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
fresh ground pepper
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
mixed greens

Preheat oven to 400. Toss pear halves in lemon juice and them place on a greased baking dish. Stir cheese and pepper together and fill pears with the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. Whisk vinegar and oil. Toss greens with dressing and place pear in center. Serve.
*I also added some homemade candied walnuts to ours. While the pear was baking, I placed a few tablespoons of chopped walnuts in a pan with a small amount of butter and brown sugar. I heated and stirred for five minutes maybe and placed them on a paper towel until I was ready to top the salad with them.

No comments: