Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Grilled Chicken Gnocchi in Lemon Cream Sauce




We had a similar dish a Cafe Intermezzo a few weeks ago, and it was pretty tasty so here's my attempt to recreate it.




Grilled Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tbls dried rosemary
1 tbls dried sage
1 tbls herbes de provence
1 tbls ground pepper
1/2 tbls kosher salt
1/2 tbls garlic powder

I combined the seasonings and then sprinkled each side of the chicken with the mixture. I then grilled the chicken on a George Foreman grill.

Gnocchi

I purchased the gnocchi premade from Trader Joe's. To cook it, I placed the gnocchi in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.

Cream Sauce
1 Shallot
1 tbls margarine
1 cup light cream
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms
1/4 cup fresh parmesean cheese
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
4-6 fresh sage leaves
4-6 fresh basil leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
fresh ground pepper to taste

First, I melted margarine in a pan and sauted shallot and mushrooms. I then added the cream and lemon juice. After about 3 minutes, I added parmesean cheese, the herbs, and pepper. Once cheese is melted, the sauce is done. ( I also added artichoke hearts to ours as well since I got a 5lb can from work).

I cut up the grilled chicken, and then tossed it with the sauce and gnocchi.

No comments: