Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Morroccan Chicken with Parmesan Couscous and Vegetables

So this chicken is really, really, yellow. Like disgustingly yellow. It reminds me of a scene from the movie National Lampoons Vegas Vacation...the scene where they are in the buffet line and they have pan after pan of disgusting slop. One of the pans contained a blue gelatinous slop. I'm pretty sure this chicken was in the pan next to the blue stuff. Anyway, it's the turmeric in the chicken that makes it look so freaky...but it was tasty. This is how I made my buffet line slop:

Moroccan
Chicken

Boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 Tbls chopped cilantro
1 Tsp turmeric
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp ginger
1 Tsp coriander
3/4 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp pepper

Combine everything except chicken in a large zip lock storage bag. Blend well. Add chicken and shake to evenly coat chicken with mixture. Place on grill until done, or I did ours in the oven on the broiling pan at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, turning once.

Vegetables

Bird's Eye Steamers frozen Spring Vegetables in Citrus Sauce

Parmesan Couscous

1 can chicken broth (~2 cups)
Box of couscous (just over 1 cup)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Boil chicken broth, remove from heat, add couscous and stir in cheese. Done in 5 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you totally remember that we saw that movie together, right? and that scene was the first ever that made me have to go to the bathroom, I may have had to vom.

Joy said...

Yes. That's the first thing I thought of when I pulled this out of the oven. I was actually kind of scared to eat it.