Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hanger Steak with Sweet Potato Fries and Broccolini

I used a hanger steak in this recipe, however any steak will do. Hanger steak is kind of hard to find, I usually get it from Whole Foods or DeKalb Farmer's Market. Mmmm, cows are yummy. I usually tenderize my steaks first and then marinate them for 24 hours. I would have prefered to do the steak on the grill, however we don't have one at the moment, so I broiled it in the oven.

Hanger Steak


Marinade
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/2 Tbls garlic powder
1 Tbls bbq sauce (I used Heinze honey bbq)

Tenderize both sides with a meat tenderizer. Marinate over night. Pour remaining Marinade on steak and add to both sides kosher salt, fresh pepper, Herbes de Provence. Cook on grill or broil in oven. I like my cow still bleeding-as it reminds me that I'm higher on the food chain, so usually cook mine medium rare.

Broccolini


1/2 - 1 Tbls margarine
1 Tbls minced garlic
1/4 lemon
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

Place in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Remove and toss with margarine and minced garlic. Squeeze juice from lemon and salt and pepper to taste.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries


2 small sweet potatoes
1 Tbls margarine
1/2 - 1 Tbls cinnamon

Peel 2 small sweet potatoes and cut into fries. Melt 1 tblsp margarine. Toss fries and margarine in a bowl along with cinnamon. Once fries are well coated, place on a baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees, turning once.

No comments: